Friday, February 17, 2012

Introducing our New Team Captains


Hello Team SASsy! Cindy and I wanted to take a minute to introduce ourselves and say how excited we are to be taking over the behind-the-scenes part of this fantastic team.

About us:

Cindy
cindylouwho2
Calgary, Alberta




Becka
beckarahn
Minneapolis, MN


When did you start with the SASsy Team?

Cindy: I was recruited around May 2010, by Morphologica.

Becka:
I joined almost exactly a year ago. I teach in-person classes about opening an Etsy shop here in MN and I was looking for resources for my students when I found the team.

What is your job as Co-Captain?

Cindy:
I am going to be in charge of the on-Etsy functions: the team forum, accepting new members, promoting the team in the regular forum etc. Becka & I will be consulting on all major decisions, but then are dividing up the work.

Becka: I am the official team Geek. I am in charge of the blog, Facebook and other technology type things related to the team.

What's your favorite part about being a mentor?

Cindy: It is a fabulous feeling when people tell you that you have given them exactly what they needed!

Becka:
Exactly. I love seeing (virtually) the lightbulb come on for someone and having them say "Oh! I get it now!"

What are you most looking forward to as a Co-Captain?

Cindy: It is really exciting to be able to contribute more to the team.

Becka:
I am really excited to learn more about the rest of team and really find ways to use everyone's hidden talents in writing blog posts, articles, critiques. I think we have a lot of un-tapped potential.

As soon as we have a few more housekeeping type things finished up, we have all kinds of ideas and we want your creative input, so stay tuned for lots more from us coming soon.

1 comment:

osovictoria said...

Welcome new captains!I love this blog and can't wait to see what is next. Thanks for taking on this endeavor.