Sunday, May 30, 2010

How To Install A Scrolling Shopping Cart Widget on Your Blog

written by cricketscreations.etsy.com



There's a new widget for our blogs from http://cr8tivity.com/ that creates a scrolling "Buy" shopping cart direct to our Etsy shop (see the "3 Product" widget at upper right)! Here's a step by step instruction tutorial on how I placed this scrolling photo shopping cart on my blog, Crickets Creations Handknit Scarves:
I went to http://cr8tivity.com/

I typed in my etsy shop username into the white field and hit the "helpers" button

I clicked "Widgets" in black font at upper left of screen
I clicked "3 Product" to have 3 items shown at a time (choose how many products you would like to see displayed on your own blog)

I placed my cursor in the "Original Version" text field and hit Ctrl + A at the same time on my keyboard to highlight all of the text in that field.

Then I hit Ctrl + C at the same time to copy that text

Then I went to my blog and logged in (I use blogger/blogspot)

I clicked "Layout" and then clicked "Add a Gadget"

I clicked the "+" sign next to "HTML/JavaScript and a new field appeared

I placed my cursor in the Content field and hit Ctrl + V at the same time on my keyboard to paste in the coding I had copied from the Cr8tivity site.

I added a Title (Shop with Crickets) and clicked to "Save"

I THEN (very important, all your work will be lost without this last step!) clicked the orange "Save" button on the "Add and Arrange Page Elements" page

Then I clicked to "View Blog" to make sure I did it all correctly. :)
Lastly, a made a donation to Troy at http://cr8tivity.com/ as a thank you!

Hope this is helpful for your Etsy online shops and blogs,
Celeste (Crickets)

written by CricketsCreations

3 comments:

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

Just tried this widget...love it and it was soooo easy to do...Now if I can get sales from it....thanks .....

Anonymous said...

Oooo thank you! I did it....love that you made it so easy! smiles.

Tegan Henry said...

Yay!!!!!!!! Thank you x infinity!